Powered by Blogger.

How to make Baby Shower Diaper Invitations!

by - July 22, 2021

Hi guys! Its been a while since I have written anything on here but I do promise to start blogging a bit more! This pregnancy has been keeping me quite busy. I am very excited to soon meet my baby! Which by the way ITS A GIRL!!! I am due June 20th, 2013! I cant wait I am ready to hit the gym and diet again! I have gained a great amount of weight but am confident I will lose it. With dedication and the discipline to stay focused anything is possible!

Anyway, I am here to share an amazing way to make your own diaper invitations for your baby shower or a shower you may be hosting! You can use these as thank you cards or birth announcements or whatever other idea you have but I used them as baby shower invitations. 



Let me start off by saying I was inspired to make these by the high prices of ordering already made ones exactly like this. I was looking on etsy.com and saw these beautiful invitations and I needed about 80 of them but when I messaged the maker she replied with the price of 3.25 per invite! I felt that was way to much for my budget so I had to be creative and boy oh boy am I as proud as ever I made them! I spent a total of about 23.00 dollars on the supplies and made 100 invitations! I had my mom help me and we got it done and it was the BEST feeling ever because they came out great and look FABULOUS!


  • SUPPLIES  :


    You first want to cut out your template with the color of card stock of your choice. I chose pink because I am having a girl. It should look like this  

    Then you fold the template at the middle crease like this 

    After you have folded your template you can cut the edged with your cloud scissors so that it looks like this 



    You can then cut out a cloud shaped circle that will fit into your diaper template so that you can put all the details of the baby shower on there



    Once you have the information you need to be sent out you can put the cloud into the diaper and tie the bow through the slits you created on the front of the diaper.


    The Final touch will be adding your rhinestone to the top of the diaper where the bow is and WALA you have a FABULOUS baby shower invitation!



I purchased all the items shown here at Michaels craft store for 23.00 If you have any questions please feel free to contact me and I will definitely try to help you along the way! :)

You May Also Like

38 comments

  1. This is awesome! I was about to buy them also but it was too expensive. I need about 100 as well.. How many 12" by 12" card stocks did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also if you could help me with the lb of the cardstock.... I'm finding them cheaper online would like to place an order. Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea! This is really a great DIY for any mother to-be looking to make her own Baby Shower Invitations! Do you have any other tutorials for different cards?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Joan! I am soooo glad its a useful DIY tutorial. I do have other tutorials and have been meaning to post them but have been so busy. I also take requests for tutorials but will definitely post the ones I have so far this week!

    @anonymous I bought 2 packs of 50 cardstock for about 8 dollars but if you find them cheaper then hey go for it! I am unsure of the weight the cardstock but I can check and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honest diapers are fantastic - the only ones we've tried that do not leak. They absorb everything and quite frankly, I hate changing crib sheets so these are definitely worth the money. Plus, they don't promote diaper rash as easily as the cheaper diapers do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very happy to read your articles it’s very useful for me, 
    and I am completely satisfied with your website. 
    All comments and articles are very useful and very good.
    Your blog is very attention-grabbing. I am loving all of the in.
    turn you are sharing with each one!….


    ReplyDelete
  7. I wont to do this for a friend, I wont to print info on them without getting the lines

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you use the diaper as the actual envelope or put them into envelopes as well?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I put them into envelopes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So basically it took 100 of those 12x12 scrapbook papers to make the 100 invites?

    ReplyDelete
  11. ^^^100 of the pink papers?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous idea... I have an order in on Etsy and she hasn't been responding so I was panicing that she can't do the invites. You may have just saved me lots of money! Quick ?... From the PDF of the template, it looks like you print on standard size printer paper so I'm confused why I need the 12x12 card stock instead of 8.5 x11 cardstock. Please explain.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im sorry that was a typo I have to edit it to say 8.5 x 11 cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fantastic and so cute. For whatever reason I cant open the template. Is anyone else having this issue? If so will you please repost a link to the template

    ReplyDelete
  15. please don't forget to change the 12"x12"! i bought all of this stuff yesterday before reading these comments and had to exchange my 12x12s for 8.5x11s.

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of the nic post thanks for share.

    ReplyDelete
  17. GREAT ! idea love these invites could u please send a copy of the template to my e-mail ...ugsalga@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. how much did it cost your to mail one invitation

    ReplyDelete
  19. @alexis it was an additional 20 cents next to the Forever stamp I bought a book of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  20. the template will not open! can you re-post?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am very happy to read your articles it’s very useful for me, 
    and I am completely satisfied with your website. 
    All comments and articles are very useful and very good.
    Your blog is very attention-grabbing. I am loving all of the in.
    turn you are sharing with each one!….

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your post and template are extremely helpful, I am just confused on how would i do the inside invitation-because it says cloud shaped, i dont know where i would get a template for the inside actual invite, any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  23. How do you cut it from the template so that the flaps fold over? after u trace the template, do you just fold?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Loveroflife what i did instead of folding it was cut with my Xacto knife 2 or 3 small cuts just like drawing lines - - - like that

    ReplyDelete
  25. What size envelopes did you use to mail this invitation?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great idea - thanks! (Voila! - it's French)

    ReplyDelete
  27. HIII i have a question, HOW DID GET THE PRINT(writing) ON THE WHITE CARDSTOCK WITHOUT ANY INK MESS OR LINES??????

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am very happy to read your articles it’s very useful for me, 
    and I am completely satisfied with your website. 
    All comments and articles are very useful and very good.
    Your blog is very attention-grabbing. I am loving all of the in.
    turn you are sharing with each one!….

    ReplyDelete
  29. This baby shower diaper idea is really awesome, very unique and the creativity is superb. Your such a creative crafty my dear and thumbs up for you. Keep it up !!

    Cheers
    Ahsley

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you Ashley that made my night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Were you able to use a home printer to print onto the white cardstock for party info?
    Also how much ribbon was used or bought and what length?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm kind of confused about the template how does that work

    ReplyDelete
  33. Liners are available as re-usable or as disposables. Reusable liners sometimes offer a facing of polyester which helps prevent diaper rash because they stay drier against the skin.Vaikiska patalyne

    ReplyDelete
  34. The main reason behind its recognized usage is the assurance it gives the parents when they carry their baby Michael Orderson

    ReplyDelete
  35. These little invitations are adorable!

    ReplyDelete